Feel free to substitute ingredients within the sandwich, but this is really the greatest method of sandwich making. You will never be able to order a sandwich from a restaurant again!
Tips for a successful and meaningful fast
The fast of Tisha B’Av is a day of fasting and mourning for our loss of the the First and Second Temples, both which were destroyed on this day. I always find it difficult to remember why I am fasting if I am having a difficult fast. Here are a few tips and guidelines to have a more meaningful fast. Also the recipes and menus were created strategically to prepare your body for fasting.
1. Try to cut out caffeine the week before, but at least three days before.
2. Hydrate yourself for three days leading up to the fast with water and Gatorade
3. Eat power foods that will stay in your system longest; barley, fruits, potatoes, chicken and pasta
4. Don’t over eat! I know it’s a panicky before the fast temptation but don’t do it – it will backfire!
5. Eat watermelon for dessert!
Salad with sweet potato fries, toasted corn, grilled spring onions and red wine Italian herb vinaigrette
This salad is so filling and can be a whole meal in itself. If you want it to be dinner by itself, feel free to add leftover noodles, chicken, cheese, fish, meat or tofu that you may have ‘lying around’.