- Prep and cook soup
- Make rice noodles
- Learn to eat with chopsticks
You can make this soup as thick or thin as you wish. I love thinner soups, especially when I add rice noodles, because then I can slurp them up like ramen!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 4 chicken bottoms
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the red peppers, garlic and onions and chicken. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except rice noodles) and 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then cook on medium for at least 2 hours. (six hours is ideal).
- Remove chicken from pot, remove bones and place chicken back in. Salt to taste.
- Prepare brown rice noodles in a baking dish. Pour boiling water over them and let sit at least 5 minutes or until ready to serve. Drain and put in bowl first then add soup on top.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
Be sure to save some for lunch because this is something you will for sure want straight up leftovers of. To make it a bit different, add toasted peanuts, fresh cilantro, mushrooms and lime juice right before you eat it!