- chop cauliflower and get all the ingredients ready
- Prepare dish
- Make rice (optional)
Lemongrass is a type of grass grown most commonly in Thailand and Vietnam. It has a mild citrus flavor and is used as an herb flavoring in curries. If you can’t find it fresh, try finding it dried, but many supermarkets do have it. Besides of its incredible and unique flavor, lemongrass has a whole list of health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antidepressant qualities.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 12 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass cut into thirds
- 1/2 chili chopped, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce optional
- 2 heads cauliflower chopped
- 1 1/2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala spice blend
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or 1 cinnamon stick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (half a can)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. Add the onions, garlic, lemongrass, and chili pepper.
- Stir well and add the sugar and worcestershire sauce. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the coconut milk and cilantro. Add 3 cups of water. Mix well and cover. Bring to a boil and turn down to medium heat and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cilantro and cook 5 more minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
Put the leftovers with rice or in a wrap for a filling tomorrows lunch. OR add it to chicken stock and create the worlds most flavorful soup!