- Place turkey in pot
- While turkey is cooking, chop the rest of the ingredients
- Heat up or grill pitas right before serve (optional)
- Add topping (optional)
If you have chicken stock in your freezer or leftover chicken soup on hand you can use that instead of the turkey legs and the soup will be ready within ½ an hour (if you cut your cauliflower small enough) The trick to cutting cauliflower is to cut it in half first, then cut off the leaves and cut out the core. Then slice it and chop it over again.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 turkey legs or chicken stock!
- 3 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 leeks sliced, white part only
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped, with stems
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 green chili pepper sliced, remove seeds for less heat
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add turkey legs and let sear for 5 per side. Remove from pot.
- Add the peppers, leeks, garlic, ginger, 1/2 chili pepper, basil and ½ cup of cilantro. Let cook for 10 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the turkey back in, the spices, cauliflower, coconut milk and 4 cups of water. Cook on high for 1 ½ hours of on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with fresh chili peppers and cilantro.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
This soup is amazing the next day! If you want to do something different, put it over rice in a container for tomorrow’s lunch and sprinkle with fresh herbs!