- Prepare salad with all ingredients except oyster mushrooms
- Sear fish and add mushrooms
- Add mushrooms to salad and serve!
I know there are a lot of ingredients in this dish that people usually stay away from, so I decided to get them all over with at once. If you buy roquefort cheese from a cheese shop, buy a piece with the smallest amount of blue in it to ease your way in. I promise this salad is crunchy and delicious, try it once and you will find it delicious and be so proud of yourself!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 package oyster mushrooms
- 4 endives removed from core
- 1 Granny Smith apple sliced
- 1/2 beet large, chopped into sticks
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 ounces roquefort cheese crumbled
- 4 filet salmon 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- In a large serving dish add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and honey and whisk. Add endives, apples, beets, capers, and cheese. Set aside.
- Dry salmon filet well and sprinkle with salt and curry powder. Prepare a saute pan on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add salmon and cook for 8 minutes per side. In last minute of cooking salmon add the oyster mushrooms.
- Add oyster mushrooms to salad and mix and serve with charred salmon on the side.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
- Even if this salad is dressed and there is leftover it won’t be too soggy to eat tomorrow because the endives are strong leaves!
- Pull the rest of the salmon apart and put it on top!