- Cook orzo pasta
- Make marinated onion dressing
- Prepare steaks
- Grill steaks
- Assemble salad
Any cut of meat that is meant to be grilled (instead of slow cooked) is great for this recipe. Depending on your budget, the higher quality of meat the better this will taste. I good piece of meat needs nothing more than salt and pepper before it goes on the grill. In Israel the top cuts of meat I would suggest for this would be #1,5,6,7 (1 being the best).
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Sprinkle the steak with 1½ teaspoons salt and pepper. Rub 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the steaks and let sit for at least 5 minutes (Ideally bring to room temperature.)
- In a jar add the vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt, sugar and onions. Let sit and marinade until ready to serve (at least 10 minutes, up to 2 days)
- Add the pears and mixed greens to a large bowl.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Add the steaks for 3-6 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Remove from pan and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice and add it to the salad. Add dressing with onions right before serve (will probably have leftover dressing).
|Rate this recipe:||
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
Here’s a trick! If you have leftover steak, thinly slice it and put it straight into the dressing. Let it sit overnight and it will keep it from being tough the next day.