- Add boiling water to couscous
- Grill steak and vegetables
- Create patties
The couscous will be mushy but that is exactly what you want to it into these beautiful, colorful patties, fry free!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 pounds minute steaks washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 red pepper chopped small
- 1 chili pepper using only a fourth of it, seeds removed and chopped small
- 1 purple onion chopped small
- 1 mango chopped small
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 lime or orange, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Place couscous in baking dish. Pour 2 1/4 cup of boiling water on top, mix and cover.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add olive oil and steaks. Add peppers and onions and mix. Let steak sear for 2-3 minutes per side and remove and let rest. Mix the vegetables in juices of the steak for one more minute. Pour into couscous, adding ¼ teaspoon salt a drizzle of olive oil and the chopped mango.
- Wet hands and mix the mixture into patties and place on plate. Slice steak and place on top and add juices. Add juice of lime (or orange) on top.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
The couscous patties probably wont hold strong until tomorrow but you can break it apart and add it to lettuce, with the left over steak strips and your favorite dressing!