- Roast potatoes, shallots and asparagus
- Prep rest of salad
- Grill chicken
- Make salad dressing
This dish was inspired by finding purple potatoes and papayas and Chinese cabbage (which is a softer less bitter cabbage) but if you can’t find these items here is a list of substitutes to still be able to make this dish: Instead of purple potatoes use: regular potatoes or sweet potatoes. Instead of Chinese cabbage use regular green cabbage. Instead of asparagus use sugar snap peas or green beans. Instead of shallots: use purple onions. Instead of papaya, use mangoes or apples.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:
- 1 small bag baby purple potatoes cut in half
- 1 small bag shallots peeled, cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus bottom stems removed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 papaya peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 chinese cabbage thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 2 pounds pargiot cut into chunks
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the potatoes and shallots, ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Mix well and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add asparagus and place in oven for 10 more minutes.
- In a large salad bowl add the remaining olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and toasted sesame oil, mix well and set aside.
- Sprinkle the pargiot with the remaining salt and pepper. Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Spray with olive oil and get hot. Add the pargiot and grill for 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place half in the salad bowl and half in a serving plate (optional) and squeeze lemon on both.
- When potatoes, shallots and asparagus are done add them to the bowl, along with the cabbage and papaya. Mix well and serve warm or room temperature.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
Make extra dressing and add rice noodles or spaghetti and peanuts for an amazing Asian chicken pasta dish!