Asian chicken soup
If you have leftover chicken soup, this is an amazing way to have an entirely new dish. Strain the soup and use it like stock. Discard the vegetables and keep the chicken!! Feel free to add rice noodles, or rice to make it more filling but a few bowls of this hearty goodness and you will never look at leftover chicken soup the same again!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- Pulled chicken optional from making stock
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 box sprouts
- 4 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add ginger and soy sauce and mix well. Let cook for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In 4 bowls add, bean sprouts, mushrooms, scallions and spinach. Pour stock on top. Let sit for 1 minute and serve.
Notes & Tips:
Make sure not to add salt until the end if need (because the soy sauce adds salt and you probably already added salt to the soup originally). You can used store bought chicken stock for this but of course it’s not the same! Click here to see my gift recipe for making chicken stock or soup.