If you want to make authentic pad thai, go to an Asian market and buy all these ingredients, they can all be found in one store. Pad Thai is the most popular street food in Thailand and you should know how to make it the way they do! Follow these simple steps and you will be making it again and again!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 shallots peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package Firm tofu 12 oz package
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- grams rice noodles 200
- 1 egg
- 1 package bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted peanuts lightly crushed
- 1 lime juiced
- Soak the rice noodles in water overnight. (This step can be done at least 4 days in advance)
- Prepare a wok on high heat. Add the oil and get hot. Add the shallots, garlic and tofu and cook for 4 minutes, until slightly golden
- Add the fish sauce, chili flakes and tamarind paste. Mix well.
- Add the noodles and mix for 3-4 minutes until they are soft but not sticky.
- Move the noodles over and add the egg, let it almost cook through for about 1 minutes and then fold the noodles over it and mix it all together.
- Turn off the flame and add the bean sprouts, scallions and peanuts.
- Use lime and cilantro as garnish. Serve hot.