Bean sprouts salad
I know the extra step of glazing the mushrooms seems annoying but I promise it is quick, relatively painless and so worth it!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1 box mushrooms cut in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 pieces celery sliced
- 1 nectarine sliced
- Prepare a saute pan on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add mushrooms and soy sauce and let glaze for 5 minutes, mixing once. Place in salad bowl.
- Add lettuce, sprouts, celery and nectarine.
- In a small jar add remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme, salt and sugar and shake well. Add to salad when ready to serve.
Notes & Tips:
If you are making this salad alone, add your favorite protein to it, making it into a full meal!