Beet potato salad
Beets and potatoes are an amazing combination plus who doesn't love pink potato salad!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 beets peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes large, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grey poupon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place potatoes and beets in a large pot, mostly covered in water and cover. Let boil until a knife can easily cut through, about 30-40 minutes. Drain the beets and potatoes from all liquid.
- While the pot is boiling, prepare a medium sized serving bowl with the honey, mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. Whisk together with a fork and then add the beets and potatoes.
- Using a potato masher or a wooden spoon, mash until desired consistency. Mix well and serve.
Notes & Tips:
This is a great alternative to regular potato salad and goes incredibly with chopped smoked turkey and fresh herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro and mint!