Beet Roquefort salad
If you can’t find yellow beets, just make this with 1 extra red beet. This salad is so light and tastes just like something you would order in a restaurant and love but pay way too much for!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces frisee lettuce
- 1 red beet
- 1 yellow beet
- 2 granny smith apples cut into cubes
- 8 ounces roquefort cheese
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Place beets in a medium sized pot covered in water. Boil for 40 minutes or until beets are soft. Run under cold water and peel. The skin should come right off. Slice.
- Add to bowl with lettuce, apples and cheese.
- In a separate jar mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour right before serve.
Notes & Tips:
If you are not a blue cheese fan, add brie cheese or goat cheese instead.