This recipe seems like a lot of ingredients but it's a one-bowl-wonder! Don't clean the grill pan until you are done with the whole menu.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cup whole grain basmati rice rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt Pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup black beans soaked and cooked or 1 can
- 4 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 corn on cob shucked
- 2 handfuls sugar snap peas stems removed
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced and cores saved for juice
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme stems removed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place medium sized pot on stove on high heat. Add 1 tablespoons oil and add rice. Mix for 3 minutes and add water and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well, turn down to simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill pan on high heat. In a large serving bowl add 1 tablespoon oil, juice of two orange cores, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, sugar snap peas, corn, and tomatoes. Mix well and place on grill pan.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- While grilling, add rest of ingredients to bowl; orange slices, fresh thyme honey, rice, black beans and grilled vegetables. (cut off corn from cob). Mix well and serve warm or room temperature.
|Rate this recipe:||