Lentils are high in protein and filling! This salad is so good leftover too. Feel free to add a leafy green and turn it into a lettuce salad too! Or add pulled chicken or fish and its a one dish dinner!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 1/2 cups black lentils
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 spicy green pepper sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 orange pepper sliced
- 1 leek chopped
- 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch Fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Mix together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar olive oil and soy sauce in a large bowl. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place peppers, leek, garlic and thyme on pan and pour half of the marinade on top. Mix well and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Pour lentils into a small pot and cover with water. Boil for 25 minutes. Drain and place in large bowl with marinade.
- Remove pepper mixture from oven and add to bowl. Add fresh basil right before serve. Serve room temperature