The bold colors of this dish match the bold flavors! This recipe is amazing if you have leftover chicken too! Feel free to use any color of quinoa, I just think the black one is cool!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cup black quinoa or any color
- 4 chicken breasts very thin
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 1 box shimeji mushrooms
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam or honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa. Add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a medium sized pot on high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder and half the salt and place on grill pan. Grill for 3 minutes per side. Remove and add mushrooms to the grill pan for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- In a large serving dish add the remaining olive oil and salt. Add the vinegar and jam (or honey) and whisk well with a fork. Add quinoa and mix well.
- Place chicken, mushrooms, pomegranate and scallions (and cilantro if using) on top and mix only right before serve.