If you like a sweet chicken, this one is for you. It is naturally sweet yet has a French flavoring to it because of the wine and rosemary.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 dates pitted
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 red chili pepper cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a dutch oven on high heat. (or a low pot that can go in the oven)
- Sprinkle chicken pieces evenly with salt. Place olive oil in pan and working in batches add the chicken, sear for five minutes per side.
- Add the wine and using a wooden spoon, work around the chicken to scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Place lid on and cook for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Add sundried tomatoes and mix well. Salt to taste.