Broccolini is a longer thinner broccoli. If you can’t find it you can use broccoli but make sure it is thinly sliced for this recipe. This is a really fun way to use eggs in a recipe! It is so easy but so fancy looking.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 box cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 garlic cloves zested
- 1 package broccolini bottoms cut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the 4 eggs individually and not overlapping. Cook for two minutes and carefully turn over and cook for two more minutes. Remove from pan and set on cutting board.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil to same skillet and get hot. Add the tomatoes and cook for 6 minutes, mixing once.
- Add the remaining olive oil, garlic and broccolini and cook for 3 minutes. Mixing often and making sure the garlic is evenly incorporated. Add the salt and pepper.
- Place in serving bowl, slice the eggs and mix together. Add fresh basil right before serve. Serve hot or room temperature.