You can make this soup as thick or thin as you wish. I love thinner soups, especially when I add rice noodles, because then I can slurp them up like ramen!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 4 chicken bottoms
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the red peppers, garlic and onions and chicken. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except rice noodles) and 5 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then cook on medium for at least 2 hours. (six hours is ideal).
- Remove chicken from pot, remove bones and place chicken back in. Salt to taste.
- Prepare brown rice noodles in a baking dish. Pour boiling water over them and let sit at least 5 minutes or until ready to serve. Drain and put in bowl first then add soup on top.
|Rate this recipe:||