Time saver alert: Did you know that if you slice butternut squash really thin you don't have to peel it?
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 butternut squash seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 Jerusalem artichokes peeled and cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 ounces kale finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 lemons squeezed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash, Jerusalem artichoke, 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ cup of olive oil evenly over both and mix well, making sure they are evenly seasoned and not overlapping too much. Place in oven for 45 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, add ¼ cup of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, the lemon juice, dill, mustard, and honey and whisk well.
- Add the kale and massage it until softens (about 1 minute). Add the celery, butternut squash, and Jerusalem artichoke and mix well. Serve warm, room temperature,or cold.