These are a great snack on their own, chopped up into yogurt, added to any salad, fish, chicken...and will last a week in the fridge! AND they are healthy.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 cups chestnuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup silan date honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a small X in each on its white part. Place chestnuts on sheet pan and in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly. While still hot, peel them from their shell (the shell will come off very easily.)
- Prepare a saucepan on high heat. Add the olive oil and allow oil to get hot. Add the chestnuts and then add the rest of the ingredients, mix very often until the liquid evaporates and turns into a caramel-type glaze. Be careful not to allow glaze to burn.
- Turn off heat and place in bowl. Serve hot or room temperature.