This chicken is such a filling yet light dish and reheats well too! I love the simplicity of this dish. It is so easy and yet it tastes rich and looks beautiful.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 Chicken legs
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a large Dutch oven on high heat. Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add olive oil to pan and get hot.
- Add chicken pieces in shifts if have to and sear for 8 minutes per side.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except basil and cover. Place in oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and finish with fresh basil.
|Rate this recipe:||