Cauliflower crust pizza
This pizza crust is gluten free and has a unique and delicious flavor. I created a crust that doesn’t have too many steps and can be done up to three days in advance! The tomatoes can cook during the crust cooking time, leaving the prep time for this meal so quick! Feel free to add your favorite toppings to this pizza, olives, roasted garlic, grilled vegetables, fresh basil…
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cauliflower core and leaves removed, cut into large pieces
- 1 leek white part only, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus two tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 3 cups Gouda cheese grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Add cauliflower, leek, ¼ cup oil and 1 teaspoon of salt to food processor, in batches if have to. Blend until becomes almost powder-like. Place on baking sheet and add eggs and 1 cup of cheese and mix well. Flatten as evenly as possible on baking sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper. Add tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons oil and tomato paste. Place in oven, uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove and mash tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Spread on pizza crust, add 2 cups of shredded cheese and bake for ten more minutes.
Notes & Tips:
You can skip the whole tomato sauce step and use store bought if you need to and use any shredded cheese you wish!