Charred tomato Halloumi salad
Halloumi cheese is just so so good. It is best to eat it fresh from the pan but also is great the next day at room temperature.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 cloves garlic zested
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package Halloumi cheese thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 4 ounces butter lettuce ripped into bite size pieces
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper and let cook for 8 minutes, mixing periodically. Remove from pan and set in salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad bowl, except the lettuce and cheese.
- Wipe out pan, place back on high heat and get hot. Spray with olive oil. Add the cheese and cook for 1 ½ minutes per side. Add to the bowl.
- Add lettuce and mix right before serve.
Notes & Tips:
Make yourself extra charred tomatoes and put them in your eggs in the morning, in pasta, on chicken etc. Make sure your tomatoes are in season and very ripe to maximize flavor!