Halloumi cheese is just so so good. It is best to eat it fresh from the pan but also is great the next day at room temperature.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 cloves garlic zested
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package Halloumi cheese thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 4 ounces butter lettuce ripped into bite size pieces
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper and let cook for 8 minutes, mixing periodically. Remove from pan and set in salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad bowl, except the lettuce and cheese.
- Wipe out pan, place back on high heat and get hot. Spray with olive oil. Add the cheese and cook for 1 ½ minutes per side. Add to the bowl.
- Add lettuce and mix right before serve.