If you don't have some of these ingredients, make it anyways because any kind of beef stew that is cooked for a while is delicious. I like to put eggs (in their shell) into the liquid, the cook amazingly and have the flavor of the stew, and it is always nice to have hard boiled eggs around.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 pounds chuck shoulder roast in israel #3 and #4
- 2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 leek chopped, white part only
- 1 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 Jerusalem artichokes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 1 cup chestnuts cooked
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 6 dates pitted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon silan date honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pat meat dry and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare a Dutch oven on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add meat and sear for 8 minutes per side.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (including the extra teaspoon of salt) and 4 cups of water.
- Cover and place in oven for 4 hours, turning the meat over once after 2 hours. Will be soft and pull apart easily. Pull apart right before serve.