Chia seed coleslaw
Chia seeds have a very long list of nutritional values including helping diabetes, digestion, speeding up your metabolism, weight loss, energy boosting etc. They have a slightly nutty flavor and give the coleslaw an extra crunch but are discreet and small enough that if you wish they weren't there you barely notice them but still get all the health benefits!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 Green cabbage small, cut into thin strips
- 2 granny smith apples cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- In a large bowl, add the chia seeds, rice wine vinegar, honey, mustard, olive oil and salt and whisk well. Remove 4 tablespoons of it for the sandwiches.
- Cut cabbage into 4 pieces (around the core) and then thinly slice and add it and the apples to the bowl. Mix well and serve.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add color to your coleslaw with fresh celery, peppers, oranges, dried cranberries....Enjoy the crunch!