This dish can be made in advance, but is best to add the fresh herbs right before serving it! If you use pargiot for this recipe it will be juicier and easier to reheat!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 chicken schnitzels
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 beets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricots chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 chili pepper sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac powder optional
- 3 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh thyme chopped
- In a large pot add the beats and cover in water. Let boil for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Run under cold water and peel. Slice to your liking and add to serving bowl.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Spray with olive oil and add the chicken for 2 minutes per side. Remove and slice when cooled and add to serving bowl.
- In same skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the apricots, onions, chili pepper, cinnamon stick and sumac and mix well. Let cook for 7 minutes. Remove from pan and add to serving bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including remaining salt and pepper and mix well. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.