I love when a salad fills me up and is a full meal. There is so much flavor in this one dish and it is so filling, you will feel light and satisfied and because of the butternut squash you wont be hungry until the morning!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 pieces skinless boneless chicken breast flattened and cut in half (Schnitzel)
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 ounces lettuce
- 2 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 lemons squeezed for juice
- In a baking dish or bowl mix the chicken with the wine, turmeric, garlic powder and 2 teaspoons of salt. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the butternut squash and ¼ cup of olive oil and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Prepare a small pot on the stove top with water and bring to a rapid boil. Add the peas for 2 minutes and drain and place in salad bowl.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Add the chicken (in batches if have to) and grill for 2 minutes per side.
- While chicken is grilling make the tahini dressing; in a jar add tahini paste, ⅓ cup white wine vinegar, ¼ cup water, ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup fresh basil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl add the lettuce, peas, butternut squash, tomatoes and tahini dressing. Add chicken on top and finish everything off with a big squeezed lemons. Serve warm or room temperature.