Chutney is a sauce commonly used in the cuisines of the Indian subcontinent. Chutneys vary in flavor and ingredients but are usually on the sweet side with a kick. Here is my version in this one-pot wonder.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 4 oranges juiced
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh sage chopped
- 2 cups dried fruit of your choosing
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add chicken in batches if necessary and sear for 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and mix well. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up all the brown chicken bits of flavor from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2minutes, mixing often.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Cover and turn heat down to medium and cook for 30 minutes, mixing twice.
|Rate this recipe:||