Chicken kabobs with spicy pineapple salsa
You will not believe how quick you can pull this ridiculously summery and fancy dish together. You can prep everything the night before and just leave the grilling to ten minutes before you eat.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 pargiot dark meat boneless skinless chicken
- 1/2 pineapple peeled and sliced
- 1/2 purple onion peeled
- 1 red chili pepper seeds removed for less heat
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro optional
- 1/8 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 11/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least ten minutes.
- Cut the chicken into 2 inch cubes and place on a soaked wooden skewer.
- Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well so each skewer is evenly spiced.
- In a food processor add the rest of the ingredients, including the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse five times and make sure it stays chunky and not mushy.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Add the skewers and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and place salsa on top and serve.
Notes & Tips:
If you don't want to use pineapples, feel free to substitute mangoes, peaches, plums, apricots or nectarines.