Chicken stir fry
This is a one dish wonder! It has so many flavors and is so filling! The juiciness of the chicken and sweet and spicy sauce pair well with the crunchiness of the broccoli!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 package rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 onions sliced
- 10 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 large chunk fresh ginger zested (2 tablespoons)
- 1 red chili seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 head of broccoli cut into very small florets
- 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pour boiling water on rice noodles and let sit for 15 minutes or as long as it takes to cook chicken. Drain and add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil,2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey and the juice of a lime and mix.
- Prepare a wok on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add chicken in batches, so they don't overlap. Let cook for 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and cook for three minutes, mixing periodically. Add water, ginger, garlic and chili pepper and mix. Turn down heat to medium, add soy sauce, honey, and toasted sesame oil and mix well.
- Add chicken and its remaining juices, broccoli and the juice of two limes. Let cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve on top of rice noodles
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to add any additional vegetables to this mix such as bell peppers, green beans and purple onions