If you are making the Indian chummus with this meal, make a double batch of onions and use half for the chummus and half for this salad to save time
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 purple onion sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 4 limes or lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 chicken schnitzels
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the onions and cook for six minutes, mixing often. Add the curry powder and garam masala and a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice and mix well. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix and let cook for 12 more minutes, mixing periodically.
- Turn off flame and add in chickpeas, mixing well so they incorporate the flavors of the dish.
- In a large serving bowl, add the remaining olive oil, lime/ lemon juice, cilantro, ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and honey. Mix well. Add the onion and chickpeas mixture and lettuce right before serve.
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Wipe out onion pan well and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Place on cutting board and when slightly cooled, slice thinly. Add to salad right before serve.