I highly recommend adding a protein to this chickpea purple sprouts salad if it not a side dish to many other dishes. It would go so well with grilled steak or chicken.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and zested
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons zaatar spice blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces frisee lettuce
- 1 box purple sprouts bottoms cut off
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking dish with parchment paper. Add the chickpeas, ¼ cup of olive oil, zaatar and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix well, cover and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the remaining olive oil, salt, shallots, vinegar and honey to a jar and shake well.
- Add the Lettuce, sprouts, chickpeas (and steak) and dressing right before serve.