Colorful carrot salad
This recipe was inspired by finding colorful carrots, but you can make this recipe with regular carrots and parsnips too! The dressing has a few steps but is well worth it! It will last the whole week in your fridge!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 orange carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 purple carrot peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 white carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Zaatar spice blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic zested
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1/2 purple onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces frisee lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a sheet pan with pan with parchment paper. Add the carrots, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and za'atar. Mix well. Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- In the bottom of the serving bowl, add the remaining salt and olive oil, the vinegar, garlic, sesame seeds, scallions, purple onion, cilantro and whisk well.
- Add carrots.
- Add lettuce right before serve and mix well.