This soup is so filling you don’t need much else for dinner! Fish chowder might intimidate people and is usually very heavy and fattening. This is my lighter and healthier version and I promise if you buy fresh fish, there is nothing fishy about this soup.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks chopped, white part only
- 1 chili pepper remove seeds, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups frozen white beans
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 8 filet tilapia or any white fish no skin and chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chives chopped
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add the leeks, chili pepper and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, mixing often. Add the honey and spices and let cook for 3 more minutes, mixing often.
- Add the vegetable stock, beans, corn, coconut milk and salt and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish and let cook for 15 more minutes on medium heat.
- Use cilantro and chives when serving. Serve hot. Salt to taste.