Feel free to add beans and fresh lime to this soup to make it a real Mexican chicken soup! The longer you cook this soup, the more flavor it will have.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole chicken fat trimmed
- 4 red onions cut in half
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 carrots peeled, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes cut in half
- 1 sweet potato peeled, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 stalks lemongrass cut in half
- 1 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped, stems included (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 4 ears corn broken in half
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add all the ingredients.
- Add 5-7 cups of water.
- Cook on medium-high for at least 3 hours or on simmer for 8 hours. Salt to taste.
- You can either remove the corn and serve it on the side, or you can put it directly in the serving bowl and can be eaten when soup is done, or you can remove the corn and cut it off the core and put it back in the soup.