These beautiful flavor bursting fritters can also be reheated or eaten the next day at room temperature. They also go great with a tahini or yogurt dipping sauce.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 can corn drained
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 red chili pepper seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk, or regular milk
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap sweet potato in tinfoil and place it on a sheet pan (sometimes it drips) and roast it whole for 1 hour. (this can be done up to 4 days in advance)
- Prepare a large bowl and place bread crumbs and coconut milk together and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except the oil (including the sweet potato without its skin) and mix well.
- Using the palms of your hands, form into mini burgers. Prepare a skillet on high heat. Add the coconut oil (in batches) and add as many corn fritters as will fit the pan without overcrowding. Fry for three minutes per side.
Notes & Tips:
They also go great with a tahini or yogurt dipping sauce.