If you do not have limes use rice wine vinegar! ! If you don’t like cilantro you can leave it out or replace it with fresh mint. I love Mexican food and this is an easy go to side dish for any Mexican meat or dairy meal!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 bag frozen white beans
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and zested
- 1/2 poblano pepper diced, seed removed for less heat
- 1 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 juiced limes or 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- In a medium sized bowl add all the ingredients (except the frozen corn and white beans) and mix well.
- Prepare a large pot with water and salt on high heat and bring to a boil. Add the corn and white beans (don't defrost) together and let cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain and Place in the bowl. Mix well. Serve hot or cold.