Couscous pomegranate salad
This recipe is fun to play around with. Add more fruit and vegetables and proteins if you wish! My top picks would be fresh mozzarella cheese, celery and persimmons (all together!)
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bag whole wheat Israeli couscous
- 1 package chives finely chopped
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup cherry yellow tomatoes halved
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk well.
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Fill with water and bring to a boil. Add the couscous and let cook for 6 minutes or according to package directions. (Don't overcook!) Drain and rinse and place in the large bowl.
- When cooled, add the pomegranate seeds, tomatoes, mint, chives and the dressing, and mix well. Serve room temperature or cold.
Notes & Tips:
Israeli couscous is the larger couscous (they are teeny pasta balls).