I love cranberry sauce with turkey. It is just so necessary. Here is a twist on classic cranberry sauce. It has all the Thanksgiving flavors and then some! It has sweet, spicy, citrus, cinnamon and chestnuts!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 cups craisons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 1/2 chili pepper chopped, seeds removed for less heat
- 3/4 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup chestnuts chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 orange zested and chopped, set aside one piece for juice
- In a medium bowl, add craisons and cover with 3 cups boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a large saute pan on high heat. Add olive oil and heat. Add the onions, silan, chili pepper and salt and mix well.
- Add the craisons with 1 cup from the water it was soaking in. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Turn down the flame to medium and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Can blend if you want (I didn’t). Serve warm, room temperature or cold.