Eggplant raisin salad
This is a Moroccan inspired dish. It Is deep in flavor but still subtle. The better quality the raisons the better this dish is!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 eggplant small, cut into chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup yellow raisins large and soft
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 11/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- Prepare a saute pan on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onions, tomatoes and eggplant and let cook for 4 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add water, sumac, garlic, curry and cinnamon and mix well. Turn heat to medium and let cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- In a salad bowl add the remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, honey and mint. Whisk well. Add spinach and mix. Add Eggplant mixture on top, mix and serve.
Notes & Tips:
This is a great salad to serve with whole roasted chicken or even a side salad to burgers!