Eggs with fried white beans
This is such a fun sandwich! Feel free to use wraps instead or no bread at all! This is a very spicy dish so be sure to remove the seeds from the peppers if you don’t want it too spicy!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 red peppers thinly sliced
- 1 green spicy pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 can White beans drained
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 eggs
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add all the peppers, salt and garlic and cook for 7 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add the remaining olive oil (except 2 tablespoons) and turn the heat down to low and let cook for 12 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add spinach and beans and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Add fresh basil and lemon juice right before serve.
- Wash out skillet and place back on high heat. Add bread and let toast for 3 minutes per side (or place in toaster oven).
- Remove toast and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add eggs right in (like a sunny side up) and let cook for 1 minute. Carefully turn over and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and place on toast and place white bean mixture on top. Serve hot or warm.
Notes & Tips:
You can make this pepper and bean dish up to 3 days ahead!