Endive apple salad with charred salmon
I know there are a lot of ingredients in this dish that people usually stay away from, so I decided to get them all over with at once. If you buy roquefort cheese from a cheese shop, buy a piece with the smallest amount of blue in it to ease your way in. I promise this salad is crunchy and delicious, try it once and you will find it delicious and be so proud of yourself!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 package oyster mushrooms
- 4 endives removed from core
- 1 Granny Smith apple sliced
- 1/2 beet large, chopped into sticks
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 ounces roquefort cheese crumbled
- 4 filet salmon 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- In a large serving dish add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and honey and whisk. Add endives, apples, beets, capers, and cheese. Set aside.
- Dry salmon filet well and sprinkle with salt and curry powder. Prepare a saute pan on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add salmon and cook for 8 minutes per side. In last minute of cooking salmon add the oyster mushrooms.
- Add oyster mushrooms to salad and mix and serve with charred salmon on the side.
Notes & Tips:
If you don't feel up to searing your fish you can bake it in the oven at 375f covered tightly for 25 minutes with lemon juice and salt. Add the mushrooms with a drizzle of oil and silan or honey on top in the last 8 minutes.