Fire roasted peppers
Instead of buying prepare roasted peppers from a jar, try this at home. It tastes worlds better, has no preservatives and can be added to almost anything to make it more delicious. Here are some ideas of what to add it to: Salads, sunnyside up eggs, Roasting chicken with these and white wine, as a topping for seared or baked fish, in a sandwhich, in a soup, in a tomato sauce to add flavor, to shakshuka....the options are endless but they add so much to each dish.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Fresh thyme or dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Turn oven to broil. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and place peppers whole onto sheet pan and place in oven.
- Using metal tongs, turn every 10-15 minutes until each side is charred. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel peppers (skin should come right off) and remove stems and seeds.
- Chop and add rest of ingredients and place in jar with tight lid. Use as needed. Lasts up to two weeks.
Notes & Tips:
. If you like spicy food add a hot pepper to this mix.