This is my version of fish n' chips. I was always disappointed with the lack of flavor of typical fish n' chips and always felt too heavy after. So here is a lighter more fun version that will leave you full but not heavy!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 red skinned potatoes cut into wedges
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 3 teaspoons curry powder optional
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 filet ocean perch fish cut in quarters, skinned
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 limes freshly squeezed
- 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- 1 serving yogurt
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450℉
- Prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and place sweet potato and potato wedges on top, not overlapping too much. Add 2 teaspoons of curry powder, 2 teaspoons of salt, the garlic powder and olive oil. Mix well until all pieces are evenly coated and not overlapping too much. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Prepare yogurt in a small bowl. Add cucumber, dill, juice of 1 lemon and set aside.
- Place filet on towels and dry them well. Evenly sprinkle with remaining salt and curry powder. Prepare a non stick pan on high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and get hot. Add the fish in batches. Cook for 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with juices from a lemon and lime. Serve right away.