Fresh Mozzarella salad
If you make this salad at home, you will forever be disappointed with salads that you order from restaurants because you will know you can make it better. It is exhausting being amazing isn’t it?
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 beets peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon zaatar spice blend
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 10 radishes sliced
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 tablespoons Tuscany spice blend
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare 2 large baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes, beets, 1 teaspoon of salt, the zaatar and ¼ cup of olive oil and mix well. Place in oven for 35 minutes or until crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- In a jar add the remaining olive oil, the white wine vinegar, Tuscany spice blend and honey and shake well.
- In a salad bowl add the rest of the ingredients and the roasted ingredients when ready.
- Add dressing right before serving.
Notes & Tips:
Tuscany spice blend can be found in all spice shops in Israel and is one of the greatest bases to a salad dressing. The longer it sits in the vinegar the better it tastes. If you don’t live in Israel, you can find Tuscany spice blend, it has a different taste, but can still work.