Gluten free Pizza Blanca
Blanca pizza means a pizza with no sauce but feel free to add sauce to this recipe when you add the cheese! This recipe can also be used as focaccia and pita like breads. Just follow the recipe the same and cook it in the oven for 10 minutes, instead of 15! This is such a great go to recipe when you need to whip up a dinner or bread for a gluten free person. This tastes so good you can make it for the whole family!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups gouda sheep cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the cheese to a medium sized bowl and mix well until it becomes pretty smooth with fewer clumps.
- Carefully place the liquid and sticky mixture on the parchment paper in a circle. Use a spoon and smooth it out until it is an even circle. Place on lower rack of oven for 15 minutes (or less if you don’t like it so crunchy).
- Remove from oven and add cheese evenly. Place back in oven for 3 minutes. Slice and serve hot!
Notes & Tips:
Be sure to buy a high quality gluten free flour (can be a blend too) This recipe makes 1 medium pizza so double the batch for 4 people. Obviously you can leave out the basil and add regular mozzarella cheese instead!