Gluten free shnitzel
Almond flour is just finely ground almonds and can be found in any spice shop and healthfood store, and in the organic section of most supermarkets. Almond flour is a really good substitute for bread crumbs or flour. It cooks well and is gluten and grain free and very low in carbs!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 pieces chicken shnitzel cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup dried basil
- 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil per batch
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Place the snitzels on parchment paper. Sprinkle evenly on front and back with salt and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork until fully combined. In another small bowl, mix the almond flour and spices.
- Place each piece of schnitzel into the egg mixture and then into the almond mixture until fully coated.
- Prepare a frying pan on medium heat and the coconut oil. Place each piece into the frying pan, not overlapping and in batches. Fry for 1-2 minutes per side depending on thickness of piece.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon and serve.
Notes & Tips:
If you don’t like the taste of coconut, the flavor is extremely subtle if at all in this recipe (but you can always use other oils)