Golden cauliflower soup
If you have chicken stock in your freezer or leftover chicken soup on hand you can use that instead of the turkey legs and the soup will be ready within ½ an hour (if you cut your cauliflower small enough) The trick to cutting cauliflower is to cut it in half first, then cut off the leaves and cut out the core. Then slice it and chop it over again.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 turkey legs or chicken stock!
- 3 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 leeks sliced, white part only
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped, with stems
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 green chili pepper sliced, remove seeds for less heat
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons salt pink Himalayan
- Prepare a large pot on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add turkey legs and let sear for 5 per side. Remove from pot.
- Add the peppers, leeks, garlic, ginger, 1/2 chili pepper, basil and ½ cup of cilantro. Let cook for 10 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the turkey back in, the spices, cauliflower, coconut milk and 4 cups of water. Cook on high for 1 ½ hours of on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with fresh chili peppers and cilantro.
Notes & Tips:
If you like spicy food, serve the fresh chilis on top of the soup for an amazing burst of flavor. If you are not a cilantro lover, just leave it out and use more fresh basil. This soup does not taste coconutty- it just tastes creamy! Serve with a side of whole wheat pita to dip!