This dish is easy but so elegant looking. If you have picky kids at home you can keep some of the chicken plain on the side for them and make the rest of the dish for the non picky eaters!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 beets peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pieces pargiot boneless skinless dark meat chicken
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks sliced only white part
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon silan date honey
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a small pot add the beets and fill with water. Bring to a boil and cook on high for 25 minutes.
- While cooking, in a large serving bowl add 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of one grapefruit, rice wine vinegar, silan, mint and almonds, mix well and set aside.
- Drain beets and place in the serving bowl. Slice the remaining grapefruit and place in the same bowl.
- Slice the chicken into large chunks and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken and let sear for 4 minutes. Turn over and add leeks and mix well. (Don't overcrowd the pan, work in batches).
- Cook for another 4 minutes until chicken is cooked through and add it to the serving bowl. Mix well and serve hot.
Notes & Tips:
You can always use prepackaged beets to save time, but I promise using fresh ones tastes worlds better. You can cook the beets up to 5 days ahead! Feel free to use any nuts in this recipe instead of almonds (my top choices would be pecans or pistachios)